Continuing Education Units
We offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or contact hours to eligible University of California Staff and affiliates. CEUs are offered in various types, for participation in training / educational events, and upon completion of requirements.
We offer CEUs in the following areas:
Health & Safety
CEUs can be earned for participation in the following training / educational events:
- EH&S Generalist (online) course
- EH&S Professional (in-person) workshop
- Distinguished Speaker Series webinar (online)
- Fieldwork Toolkit Webinar Series (online)
- Workgroup meetings (in-person)
- Risk Summit conference (in-person)
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Registration form
CEU request form must be completed, and is submitted directly to UCLA Southern California Educational Resource Center for processing.
- In-person: Sign-in sheet / roster, minutes showing attendance, or email from Chair or speaker confirming your attendance during entirety of event. In some cases we will accept a written report of what you learned or notes you took as proof of attendance.
- Online: Email confirmation of completions (for courses), or sign-in sheet (webinars)
Displaying date, topics discussed, length of time devoted to each topic, and presenter. In some cases a link to biographies for each speaker, and objectives for the event, must be provided. Please note that contact hours are not earned for time taken for administrative items (e.g., introductions / welcome, approval of minutes, open forum, charters), or breaks / meals. The exception to meals are working lunches. Topics must be educational in nature or promote cross training.